Having diabetes means you need to take greater care of yourself. These annual appointments with the Practice Nurse are available only to our enrolled patients with diabetes and they enable us to monitor your healthcare more exclusively.
Find out if you have a high risk of developing diabetes:
Do any of these fit you?
- European aged 40 years or older
- Diabetes in your family (grandparents, parents, brothers or sisters)
- Maori, Asian, Middle Eastern or Pacific Island descent and aged 30 years or older
- High blood pressure
- Overweight (especially if you carry most of your weight around your waist)
- Diagnosed with having Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT)
If yes, you should have your blood glucose tested by a health professional once a year.