DR ANNA TWHIGG (General Practice Leader) MBChB (Otago), FRNZCGP, Diploma Obstetrics:
Anna has comprehensive experience in general practice, having worked in her own practice for over 20 years. Anna enjoys managing extended families and she enjoys teaching patients to self manage their health. Her particular interests include women’s health, adolescents and diagnostics. Anna joined OneHealth because it offers patients high quality integrated healthcare, including extended hours service and proficient nurse led clinics.
DR NIKKI RETFORD BHB, MBChB (Auckland), FRNZCGP, AMPEX:
Nikki works primarily as a GP at OneHealth. However, she has both General Practice and Urgent Care training and experience, which enables her to competently manage both acute and chronic conditions. Nikki enjoys looking after the families in her practice, but with 3 young children of her own, she particularly enjoys working with children and adolescents.
DR ARNA LETICA MBChB (Otago), FRNZCGP:
Arna is an experienced GP having worked in hospital and community based settings in Auckland and the UK. Arna has expertise in all aspects of general practice and has a particular interest in paediatrics.
DR PEI YU GAO (GP and Urgent Care Physician) MBCHB FRNZCGP:
Pei Yu joined OneHealth in March 2016. He grew up in West Auckland and completed his medical training at the University of Auckland. Pei Yu’s special interests are mental health and older people’s health and he speaks conversational mandarin. Pei Yu is accepting new patients.
DR SELVA DHANABALAN (GP Service) BM BSc (Southampton UK): Selva has worked in the UK and NZ and has extensive experience in both General Practice and Urgent Care. Selva has special interests in Preventative and Sports medicine and is accepting new patients.
Urgent Care Physicians
DR SANJAY GOVIND (Medical Director): BSC–Lab Med, MBBCH
After graduating in 1997 from the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School in South Africa, Sanjay rotated through Emergency Medicine, Paediatrics and Surgery at Johannesburg General and Baragwanath Hospitals before moving to NZ In 2002. As an accident and medical physician, Sanjay has a broad field of knowledge and advanced procedural skills including surgical procedures, trauma resuscitation and advanced cardiac life support. Dr Govind leads a team of qualified and experienced Urgent Care Physicians ensuring a high standard of care is maintained within our Urgent Care Service.
Our Primary Nurses
Nurse Manager: Vicky
Jeanette, Kerry, Emma, Miko and Chelsea
- Care and Respect –Treating people with respect and dignity; valuing individuals and cultural differences and diversity.
- Innovation – Constantly seeking and striving for new ideas and solutions. To be at the leading edge in capacity and capabilities.
- Partnership – Working alongside and encouraging all of our team to ensure a strong focus on improving patient care and contact.
- Professionalism – Acting with Integrity as embracing the highest ethical standards.
- Responsibility – Using and developing our capabilities to ensure we maximise opportunities as individuals, and for the organisation as a whole.
- Treaty of Waitangi – Respect and adhere to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, respecting Maori culture and beliefs.
- Trust and Transparency – In order to build a strong relationship with our patients, it is imperative we have trust and transparency in everything we undertake.